IQBar is an online teaching platform run by teachers, for teachers. We offer sessions in EFL, various academic subjects, and English-language exam preparation to students throughout China. Native English speakers from around the world work from home to make our sessions fun and engaging for our students and staff in both China and the UK support students and teachers in creating exceptional learning experiences.
We are looking for energetic, fun and creative teachers to join our exceptional worldwide family of hard-working Buddies (our jargon for teachers).
OUR LESSONS - CONDUCTED VIA OUR INTERACTIVE ONLINE TEACHING PLATFORM:
- One-to-one with our Breadies (our jargon for students) of all ages.
- 25-30-minute sessions for the majority of our EFL courses.
- 1-hour academic sessions.
- 30-minute weekly themed seminars to groups of students.
- Teaching hours (Chinese Time): Monday-Friday — 3pm-10pm; Saturday-Sunday — 9am-10pm
- Peak hours (Chinese Time): Monday-Sunday — 6pm-10pm.
- Unlimited teaching hours – make yourself available to teach as much or as little as you like per week.
- Minimum requirement for contract: availability during peak hours over a minimum of two days, including one weekend day.
- Fixed contracts - get paid a fixed rate whether you are booked or not.
- Flexible contracts - update your availability as and when you are available and get paid per lesson.
- Contracts to match your needs with the option to update flexibly outside of contracted hours.
- Rolling contracts.
- Native English speaker with a neutral accent (non-native teachers with outstanding pronunciation and spoken ability with a neutral accent will also be considered).
- TEFL qualified or a diploma or degree that is teaching-related.
- 1+ years' experience working with children and/or adults.
- Internet requirements - download speed of 20 Mbps and upload 5 Mbps minimum.
- Equipment requirements – desktop or laptop with a good-quality camera and headset with a clear microphone.
- Operating requirements – Mac OS x 10.10 or above, Windows 7 or above with Intel Core i3 or above and memory of at least 4GB RAM.
- Up to £12.50/hour.
- Monthly bonuses relating to performance and progress of up to £50 each.
- Weekly bonuses of £30 awarded for achievements.
- Successful taster bonuses, if a student signs up for a course after your taster you receive a bonus of £20 for each one.
- Flexible hours - work at a time that suits you.
- Most lessons are pre-prepared for delivery, you just need to add a little of your own flair.
- Student assessment and reassessment team to ensure that the teaching level is always correct making your teaching experience rewarding and successful.
- Continuous professional development - weekly Buddy seminars, online Cambridge Teacher Development courses and drop-ins for any issues that might arise.
- Support system through Microsoft Teams for any internet issues, questions or a chat with other teachers.
- Personal work email address to help keep your work schedule organised.
- Perk Box for all UK Buddies – discounted gym memberships, train fares, mobile plans, free phone insurance, Apple discounts…
- A chance for progression within the company - we are always on the lookout for new talent to help us develop our company.
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR APPLICATION:
- Contact details
- Written self-intro (100-200 words)
- Introductory video (1-2 mins) aimed at your potential future students
- Copy of TEFL/TESOL certification, a minimum 120-hour study from an accredited company
- Internet speed test