Do you have a CELTA, TESOL or TEFL qualification? Did you qualify after August 2017? Do you want to use your qualification to help everyone learn English? If so, apply now for our EU Erasmus funded teaching training scheme!
Teach Seville is an Erasmus+ programme we set up to give teachers who have recently got their TESOL, TEFL or CELTA, practical teaching experience within a supported environment - in Seville, Spain (Spanish language skills are not required).
It gives you a chance to try out and develop your skills with a group of peers of mixed ages - and learn from each other.
We've just won late funding to expand our scheme after a successful few years!
We are urgently now recruiting for another group of teachers who will have their placements between September 16th-December 19th 2019 (exact dates tbc).
Teach Seville provides placements in 2019-2021 for you to use your teaching skills in English academies (such as Colegio Santa Teresa de Jesus, Lope de Vega Colegio, The Learning Centre, OUIEA and TEC Sevilla) in Seville, Spain.
Here's how it works:
1) Placements last 95 days, plus two travel days.
2) You will get FULL expenses paid plus 120 Euros per week (see below).
3) Train and teach in well known English academies in Seville and in a community setting. Placements will be modified to suit individuals but generally you'll start off with an orientation week, move to shadowing activities before assisting and running your own classes. All our academies have hosted our trainee teachers before and will provide a range of teaching experiences so you can develop your skills and self understanding.
4) Your own room in an apartment in central Seville. You'll stay in the Macarena district of Seville with your own room with a bed, desk etc. and share a lounge and kitchen with two or three others who are also on Teach Seville.
5) Continuous in country support from a friendly team who've done it. Our partners, 3Si are based in Seville. They are an Anglo-Spanish team full of staff that have teaching English qualifications. They'll support you in your placement and your care whilst in Spain. You will receive preparation training from Red Ochre at our offices in London before you go and orientation when you arrive including tours of Seville and your local neighbourhood as well as 1-1s about your work placement. This means day to day and week to week you will have support when you need it.
6) Free Spanish lessons whilst in Seville.
7) A preparation training day at our offices in London before your placement so you're ready to roll when you arrive in Seville. We'll cover expenses for the day too!
8) An opportunity to teach in a community centre setting and provide free lessons to those in Seville who want them. This means you'll also get more varied experienc.e
Anyone with a TESOL, CELTA or TEFL qualification, gained since August 2017 can apply. We really welcome applicants of any age or background - whoever you are.
Most importantly, we are looking for people who are kind, curious and committed to English teaching and to enjoying their time in Seville and contributing something positive whilst there. And people who are happy to share and live with others.
You must be a UK National or other EU citizen and you must live in the UK. Due to funding rules we cannot accept applications from Spanish citizens (as this is the location of our project). For administration purposes, you must be at least temporarily based in the UK, with a UK bank account and address (again due to our EU funding rules for Erasmus).
In previous groups we have had people who already have a little teaching experience abroad and we have some people with a qualification but zero teaching experience. The scheme has enough variety to cater to both. We have had people with zero Spanish skills (you are supported to learn and have help on hand if you need it) and people who are fluent.
Because this is an EU funded, Erasmus scheme, we have received funding that means we will pay for the following for all participants:
- Accommodation (rent, tax, furnishings etc),
- Flights to and from the UK, booked by Red Ochre
- Bills (gas, electricity, tax, water, wifi etc...),
- Free Spanish classes and access to excellent "intercambio" language exchange evenings.
- 24/7 in country support, including an orientation when you arrive where you will get tours of the city and 1-1s about your placement.
- Travel insurance for the 97 days
- 120 Euros per week for your food costs and local travel.
- Airport transfers.
- Preparation training and support to help you get ready.
BENEFITS FROM THE PERSPECTIVE OF TEACH SEVILLE ALUMNI
Some nice things people who've been on Teach Seville said:
"I just want you to know I have really appreciated everything you have done for us. Teach Seville is probably the best thing I have ever done and I don't want it to end!...I never thought I would have the confidence to move to a new country and teach English, but this scheme made it possible because of the brilliant support I received. I owe this scheme so much, it has completely changed my life!" Participant, March 2018
"It has been a great pleasure to meet all the lovely people that run or take part in this programme. It was nice to be welcomed with so much care since we put our feet on Andalusian ground. Love the area where we live, love the flat, love my housemates and the school where I will spend my time in the next few months developing my professional life." Participant September 2017
I cannot recommend this scheme enough. I have had the opportunity to work in other countries before but this was by far the best experience socially and professionally. Participant, Teach Seville, Dec 2015
Thought you might like to know I'll be moving to Seville in August/September to take up a position in a language school. Can't wait!" Participant, March 2017
A fantastic opportunity to live and work abroad in a beautiful and vibrant city. I had an amazing two months developing as an English teacher but also being immersed in a new culture and meeting lots of great new people.Participant, May 2016
I highly recommend the Teach Seville! Program. I felt well supported and thoroughly enjoyed my time in Seville, because its a unique opportunity that I will value tremendously throughout my future career. I am very grateful for being accepted onto the scheme, and I hope that it continues to get funding for years to come, because I think that its something that will be invaluable for so many fledgling teachers. Participant, May 2016
I had a really great time in Seville, and it helped me greatly to decide what I want to do in the future, and how to go about finding further work in the country. Participant, Dec 2015
Visit www.teachseville.com and complete an application form. Send that with you CV to [email protected] as soon as possible. Closing date is Tuesday 20th August at the latest. If you are reading this and missed the deadline, then please do get in touch or come back to us as we'll have another group going out in January with more places then and interviews for that group in November.
Any questions do feel free to get in touch.