Explore China Program
Put your TEFL to work!
- GAIN REAL TEACHING EXPERIENCE - as you teach young Chinese learners, mainly 4 - 16 year olds
- CONNECT WITH YOUR STUDENTS - you will form lasting bonds as you help your students gain confidence in using English
- SHARE YOUR CULTURE- your students will be excited to learn about where you come from
- SUPPORT WHEN YOU NEED IT - 24/7 experienced, local support team allowing for peace of mind during your time in China
- HAPPY COMMUNITY - enjoy teaching through a well established program with continuous training, teaching tips and social events
Explore China gets you to the heart of Chinese culture and helps you develop your teaching skills.
This program is designed for TEFL graduates, gap year students or recent university graduates with a passion for exploration, meeting new people and learning new skills.
All you need is an open mind and the time to commit to a one semester TEFL teaching placement at one of our carefully selected host schools.
You get can enjoy some great benefits
- RMB 4,000 monthly living allowance (enough for a comfortable lifestyle in China)
- Free accommodation through the internship
- RMB 2,000 flight bonus on program completion
- Letter of recommendation
- Tour of Shanghai
- Visa guidance
- Airport meet & greet
- Assistance setting up a local bank account
- Free Lonely Planet E Guide to China
How it works
Your journey to teaching in China could not be easier!
- Take part in a full orientation in Shanghai and meet the local team
- Train with the professional staff trainer in preparation for interviews and demos which are required by most schools
- After interview / demo, you will be matched with a school
- Receive ongoing training, professional feedback and support throughout your placement
Program eligibility requirements
- Fluent English speaker (USA, EU, UK, IRE, NZ, SA, AUS, CAN NATIONALITY)
- 20 - 35 years old
- No previous teaching experience necessary
- TEFL certificate (if you don't have TEFL, you can still apply and get the TEFL later)
- Positive attitude and willing to engage with a new culture
- No degree required
You can arrive in Shanghai either in late February or late August.
> February through July (one semester)
> August through January (one semester)
Applications are now open for both arrival dates.
What you need to budget for
- Flight to China
- Visa and visa admin fees (approx £100)
- Police check
- Money for first month in China (approx £300)
- Travel insurance (mandatory)
Find out more about Explore China
We are sharing the good stuff on the teach in China experience!
Apply for Explore China now through the registration form below. A TEFL expert will contact you within 24 hours. We look forward to hearing from you!