Teach English Online with Whales English. Hiring now!
Join the Whales community. Over 70,000 students, lots of personal support, CPD opportunities, $18 - $26 per 50 minute class.
Explore a new home job opportunity
You can teach English online with a proven and high quality curriculum.
Be a mentor for your Chinese students, enjoy great job security and work with learners from 3 - 18 years old.
Established in 2012, Whales connects a US curriculum to Chinese students. The company is partnered with National Geographic Learning and Oxford University Press to provide engaging and informative content for its learners.
Why teach online with Whales?
- Receive personalized support
- Free tailored training with all teaching resources provided to you
- Career development opportunities to course trainer, evaluator
- US$ 1,500 average monthly salary plus performance bonuses
- Job security of a fixed schedule and fixed income
- Student renewal rate over 83% making this a highly sought after program
Work from home job package
- Independent contractor status, 12 month contract
- US$ 18 - US$ 26 per 50-minute class taught, plus performance related bonuses. Pay rate varies depending on level and class
- Get paid every month through bank transfer or Payoneer
- 50 minute 1 on 2 full English immersion classes (no Chinese language skills required)
- Curriculum provided to you
- Be available to teach minimum 8 hours during peak hours
- Weekdays peak hours: 6:55 PM - 9:00 PM Beijing Time
- Weekend peak hours: 9:10 AM - 12:20 PM Beijing Time, 6:55 PM - 9:00 PM Beijing Time
I find it incredible that I am teaching children in China, working with people who are all around the world yet Whales English manages to make me feel as if everyone is just around the corner.
- University degree
- TEFL / TESOL certification - Not yet TEFL certified? Start your 120 hour Professional TEFL course here
- Experience teaching young learners preferred
- Enthusiastic, professional and outgoing
- Fluent English speaker
Whales English is a great place to start your online English teaching career. You'll receive plenty of career professional development as well as academic support to help you prepare for teaching English online. The school also offers a high level of job security, steady income and a rewarding teaching and learning environment for online TEFL teachers.
You can earn $18-$27 per 50-minute teaching session, plus performance related bonuses.
Firstly, you'll need to complete the online registration to teach English online. Successful candidates will be asked to book a Mock Class Interview in order to demonstrate their unique teaching skills. The next step is to conduct a background check for proof of no criminal record and then submit any proof of qualifications such as degree and TEFL certificate. The final step is to sign the service agreement and then you can start teaching English online for Whales!
In order to qualify for teaching jobs online with Whales, you'll need a bachelor's degree along with a TEFL certificate and a minimum of one year of teaching experience. Whales currently hires USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Ireland, New Zealand candidates.
You can apply without a TEFL as long as you can complete a qualification prior to starting teaching. TEFL UK can help with online TEFL courses which would be suitable for teaching English online with Whales.
The minimum contract term is 12 months with some commitment required around a fixed number of peak teaching hours per week.
Online English teachers with Whales are paid via wire transfer or through the global payment service Payoneer for the previous month's work on the 15th of each month.
Ready to get started?
Simply fill out this form and we'll get straight back to you. If you have any questions you can always email us at [email protected]