Make Taiwan your next TEFL destination. Start your application today.
Teach in Taiwan with HESS
Founded in 1983, HESS International Educational Group is the largest and most recognized private language school in Taiwan. The school employs over 600 native English-speaking teachers in 250+ HESS schools across Asia, with destinations including Taiwan, China, South Korea and Singapore. You can be assured of a warm welcome from a staff with 35+ years experience in bringing both new and experienced teachers to this beautiful island.
Join HESS and you'll work with a stable, well-established educational organization with branches all over Taiwan.
As an English teacher in Taiwan, you'll receive plenty of support
- Teacher Training: 10 days of orientation plus training in Taipei.
- Class observations at your school by a mentor to ensure that you feel well prepared to start teaching.
- Full teaching curriculum provided: Don't worry! The school has it's own teaching materials and in house teacher's guide meaning lesson plans are prepared for you in advance
- Teach Young Learners from KG through middle school
You will be provided with full training
Check out this video to learn more about the HESS training program today!
Enjoy some exciting benefits whilst teaching in Taiwan with HESS
- COMPETITIVE STARTING PAY: NTD $620-660/hour (experience and qualifications based)
- GUARANTEED INCOME: The average HESS teacher earns NTD $60,000 – 75,000/month
- YEAR END BONUSES: 1st year competition bonus / NTD $6,000, 2nd year completion bonus / NTD $15,000, 3rd year completion bonus / NTD $20,000, and NTD $30,000 for every year of completion thereafter
- RE-SIGN BONUS: 2nd year re-signing bonus / NTD $10,000
- PAID OFFICE HOURS: NTD $3000/month for class preparation work. It's up to you where you prepare for class—it doesn’t have to be at the school.
- FLEXIBLE OFF TIME: Your vacation time is not tied to the school's semester schedule. Take time off whenever you need it.
- SAVE AND TRAVEL: Teaching with HESS, you will earn enough money to save, but also have enough left over to explore Asia.
- CAREER PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT OPPORTUNITIES: HESS is a large organization with plenty of opportunities beyond teaching.
Requirments to teach English in Taiwan
- Passport holder from USA, CAN, UK, IRE, SA, AUS, or NZ due to local visa requirements
- Bachelor's degree (in any subject) OR associate degree with a TEFL/TESOL certificate. Need a TEFL certificate, join our TEFL course here.
- One-year commitment
- Clean criminal record check
Get housing support and an interest free start up loan on arrival
- HOUSING ASSISTANCE: Your branch helps you find housing that fits your personal needs. Whether it’s living alone or with another HESS teacher, your branch has you covered.
- DOCUMENTATION SUPPORT: You will get help collecting documents and HESS will apply for your legal documents on your behalf.
- INTEREST FREE START UP LOAN: Get started without needing to worry about money. NTD $30,000 on the first day at your school.
- FREE ACCOMMODATION DURING THE TRAINING: You will be set up in a nearby hotel and HESS will cover the cost. The hotel is within walking distance of the training venue. You'll be right in the heart of Taipei City for training and the hotel has easy access to the Taipei MRT (subway).
Want to teach English in Taiwan? To get started with your application, please complete below registration form and we'll send you the next step information.
Simply fill out the following form and we'll get straight back to you.