Teach English in China with TEFL Internships Sichuan
We welcome you to join the Sichuan TEFL internship and explore this amazing province!
Our exciting China TEFL internship is the perfect way for first time TEFL teachers to gain some valuable classroom experience in a supportive and friendly teaching environment.
You will teach an average of 15 classes per week (around 13 hours) and also have the opportunity to learn Mandarin.
Participating schools are located through beautiful Sichuan province, known for its spicy food, soaring mountains, ancient culture and famous local residents, aka cute and fluffy pandas!
A unique TEFL Internship in China
What is unique about this program is that it has full local government backing with the objective of raising English levels throughout Sichuan province.
The program offers a full training with an average in-take of around 100 interns per semester.
There are plenty of fun activities and social events including tour of the Panda base, trip to Mount Qingcheng and even the chance to make Chinese dumplings!
All participating schools are carefully screened and you would have access to a local Chinese mentor teacher who is responsible for helping you settle into your teaching role, providing academic support where needed.
There is no program fee for this internship.
The orientation week was brilliant, everyone managed to become friends quickly. We were provided with good insight into the culture of China and what we could expect!
- One semester teaching program in Sichuan province, China
- Airport pick up
- Full training
- RMB 6,000 monthly (enough for a great lifestyle in Sichuan)
- RMB 3,000 flight contribution on program completion
- Accommodation or housing allowance
- Learn Mandarin before you go with 10 Mandarin online study classes (with a real Chinese teacher!)
- Teach maximum 15 hour per week
- TEFL certificate provided to you
- Start late February or August
- Legal work visa including RMB 2,000 visa reimbursement on arrival to China
- Health & accident insurance
Dates for your diary
- Program semester starts February or August
- One semester placement
This is a very popular program and so early application is encouraged.
My first thoughts of China was how crazy it was! The taxi journey was an eventful one, with cars beeping and overtaking each other at every opportunity. As we neared the University campus, I was excited as to who I was going to meet.
Requirements for teaching in China
- Fluent English speakers welcome
- Bachelor's degree
- Comfortable in new cultures
- Enjoys working within an international team
Chengdu, Guangyuan, Nanchong, Bazhong, Dazhou, Ya’an, Deyang, Suining, Guang’an, Meishan, Ziyang, Leshan, Neijiang, Zigong, Yibin & beyond!
Simply fill out this form and we'll get straight back to you. If you have any questions you can always email us at [email protected]