Teaching Assistant Jobs Birmingham
Find a Teaching Assistant Job in Birmingham 📚
Teaching Assistants Birmingham
Are you living in Birmingham and considering a new career?
Do you want to make a difference for young people and get into teaching?
Become a teaching assistant in Birmingham with TEFL UK!
What do teaching assistants in Birmingham do?
A teaching assistant (TA) works to provide invaluable support for both the main class teacher and the students in their care.
Working as a team, the class teacher and teaching assistant in Birmingham will encourage, support, and inspire young minds, helping them to achieve their fullest potential.
Their main duties will include:
- Working closely with children who may have additional or special needs, or who are non-English speakers.
- Helping children access the National Curriculum.
- Assessing, documenting, and informing the class teacher of student progress regularly.
- Taking part in lesson preparation, including maintaining the classroom and wider working environment.
If you have already worked as a TA, you might be able to work as a higher-level teaching assistant (HLTA).
If you do so, you will likely carry out the duties associated with a TA, as well as holding additional responsibilities. These may include:
- Covering planned absences by teaching staff and teaching classes.
- Managing TAs and other support staff.
What makes a good teaching assistant in Birmingham?
TAs and HLTAs are described as positive, engaging, people-persons, who build relationships easily. These skills are essential for forming good working relationships with students, parents, and teaching staff alike.
Teaching assistants in Birmingham should also be confident, and willing to turn their hand to anything and everything while thriving in new situations.
Key strengths that would be beneficial in the classroom also include:
- Compassion and thoughtfulness
- Confidence using technology
- Great communication skills
Sound like you or someone you know?
TEFL UK are on the lookout for fantastic new teaching assistants throughout Birmingham, so apply below for more information on an exciting new career option.
Can teaching assistants in Birmingham work part-time?
While we do offer full-time positions, TEFL UK has a range of TA positions perfect for those who need the flexibility of working part-time.
We understand you may have personal commitments and need a career to fit your lifestyle. Many find that working in schools is the ideal solution for working while their children grow up, as you will be finished working once the children finish school for the day, making pick-ups and evenings a whole lot easier.
The benefits of working as a Birmingham teaching assistant?
As well as being incredibly rewarding, TAs tell us that they enjoy how every day on the job is different. This cures some of the boredom people experience from other jobs and ensures that people are enthusiastic about coming to work.
Other benefits associated with working as a TA include:
- Daily pay of up to £90 per day
- Great work/ life balance with flexible hours
- Development opportunities with guaranteed career progression
- A range of employment options with long- and short-term roles available for TAs
- Improvement or building of your CV
- A range of CPD courses to develop your professional skills
Am I qualified to be a teaching assistant in Birmingham?
TEFL UK can help you achieve your dream of becoming a teaching assistant in Birmingham with our wide range of TEFL courses.
These courses can generally be completed at home in your own time, allowing you to keep working while you study- stopping any issues associated with a loss of earnings.
Most employers are happy to consider candidates without existing qualifications as long as candidates meet more important criteria. These criteria are:
- Excellent reading, writing, and numeracy (Maths) skills.
- Proof of no criminal record, as checked by the Disclosure and Barring Service. This is now called the DBS check but used to be called the CRB check.
- Prior experience working with children.
For candidates with degree-level qualifications, such as a BA in any subject, this would be considered advantageous.
How to apply for Birmingham teaching assistants’ positions
Simply fill out the application form below and one of our friendly advisors will contact you within 24 hours with the next steps.
Alternatively, to apply now for Teaching Assistant jobs in Birmingham, you can call us on 0800 368 9848 or email us and we will get back to you as soon as we can.