Teaching Assistant Jobs Liverpool
Find a Teaching Assistant Job in Liverpool 📚
Teaching Assistants Liverpool
Want to try a new career path but not ready to be a main class teacher?
Consider becoming a teaching assistant in Liverpool!
TEFL UK is offering teaching assistant roles for friendly, hardworking, and caring individuals based in Liverpool and the surrounding areas.
What is a teaching assistant?
As any teacher will tell you, teaching assistants (TAs) are worth their weight in gold.
The most valuable asset in classrooms across the country and sometimes the biggest factor in children reaching their full potential, TAs provide practical, emotional, and social support for the children within their care.
They support the class teacher in working with smaller groups, assessing and recording attainment and handing this information back, so the teacher can plan effective and challenging lessons.
People well suited to the role of teaching assistants in Liverpool have a mix of confidence, a give-it-a-go attitude, and are caring and enthusiastic.
They are also:
- Interested in their self-development as teaching staff and are lifelong learners
- Compassionate and empathetic
- Confident with technology
- Happy to learn new skills and information
- Adaptable and highly organised- especially in the face of pressure
- Great communicators
If this sounds like you and you are open to a new career, consider becoming a TEFL teaching assistant in Liverpool.
What duties do Liverpool teaching assistants complete?
Within the role of a teaching assistant in Liverpool, there are two separate roles, which have different responsibilities- that of the TA and the higher-level teaching assistant (HLTA).
Day-to-day duties for a TA include:
- Leading small group teaching
- Assessing, recording, and reporting on student progress, based on small-group teaching or whole-class inputs
- Working with children who have additional or special needs, and non-English speakers
- Assisting with lesson preparation, including setting up the classroom and wider working space, including break-out spaces and displays etc.
If you are interested in taking on extra duties and further developing your skills, you could consider the role of HLTA. This role has increased responsibilities, those expected of a TA and others, which include:
- Covering planned absences by main teachers by teaching pre-planned classes
- Managing TAs and other support staff, including 1:1 support
Do teaching assistants in Liverpool need to work full-time?
TEFL UK knows that for some considering TA and HLTA positions, working full-time isn’t an option. As such, there is a range of teaching assistant positions in Liverpool, both for full- and part-time staff.
So, whether you need to work around childcare commitments, caring for family, attending further education, or are free to work a full working week- there is a position as a teaching assistant in Liverpool out there for you.
Is working as a teaching assistant in Liverpool worthwhile?
If you have worked with children before, you will know how rewarding your days can be.
With the promise that no day is like another, the children’s endless enthusiasm, and the friendships you make with colleagues, going to work will never feel like a chore.
Additional benefits for Liverpool teaching assistants include:
- Excellent daily pay of up to £90 per day- with more available as an HLTA
- An unrivalled work/ life balance with flexible, school hours
- Ongoing career progression
- Regular CPD courses and ongoing learning to develop your professional skills
- A range of employment options- part-or-full-time, and short-or-long-term roles
- Help to improve or build up your CV, if needed
Am I qualified to be a Liverpool teaching assistant?
If this all sounds ideal, you might be worried you’ll need some kind of specific qualification to become a teaching assistant in Liverpool.
TEFL employers predominantly look for TA candidates with existing skills or experience, rather than formal qualifications, such as:
- Excellent reading, writing, and numeracy (Maths) skills.
- Proof of no criminal record, as checked by the Disclosure and Barring Service- a DBS check.
- Prior experience working with children.
If you do have a degree, for example, a Bachelor of Arts (BA) in any subject, this is of course advantageous but not essential.
If you are interested in becoming a Liverpool teaching assistant, you could consider completing a TEFL course for an EAL teaching specialism.
Specifically designed to give you the skills you will rely on in the classroom, they will increase your confidence and bolster any TA/ HLTA application to employers.
How to apply for teaching assistants in Liverpool
If you are interested in applying for a TA position, simply fill out our application form below and one of our friendly advisors will contact you within 24 hours with your next steps.
Take the leap and apply for a job as a Liverpool teaching assistant- it might be the best thing you ever do.