Teach TEFL in Male, Maldives
Live and teach in this beautiful island paradise. Now hiring teachers for Primary / Pre-Primary teaching jobs.
Education jobs for English teachers in Maldives
We are delighted to announce a new and exciting TEFL destination for our community. TEFL UK are hiring English teachers for pre-primary and primary teaching jobs throughout the beautiful Maldives. This really is a once in a lifetime opportunity to teach English in one of the world's loveliest destinations.
About your role as an English teacher in Maldives
- You'll be working with Primary / Pre-Primary level learners
- Teaching schedule of 30 contact hours per week maximum
- You'll assess student progress and help prepare them for tests
- Inspire young minds and help your students reach their full potential
- Encourage and challenge students to develop their English language skills
- Organize the classroom, coordinate activities and work with others
- Liaise with local teachers in English education curriculum development
Package for Maldives TEFL Teacher
Competitive local salaryMonthly salary of USD 700
HousingFree accommodation provided
Air-ticketFree air-ticket to home city (provided on contract completion)
InsuranceLocal medical insurance
In-country supportAssistance with setting up a local bank account
TrainingOrientation and training on arrival
Meet and greetAirport pick up
Generous leaveAnnual leave of 30 days
Secure contractOne year contract
Flexible arrival datesArrive October / November
As per pertinent laws of the Republic of Maldives, schools are permitted to employ teachers with the following credentials:
- Bachelor's degree
- Teaching experience preferred
- Native English speaker
- TEFL / TESOL / CELTA certificate - don't have TEFL? Register for your course with TEFL UK here
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Energy, enthusiasm and enjoy working with Young Learners
What to expect
The Maldives is a small island nation that lies in the Arabian Sea of the Indian Ocean. It is situated in South Asia, approximately 700 kilometers from Asia's mainland.
This stunning collection of tiny islands is famous for it's idyllic white sand beaches and crystal blue waters.
It is also a world renowned honeymoon destination.
The Maldives is a beautiful and pristine natural environment with an amazing literacy rate of 98%.
Not surprisingly, watersports such as snorkelling, scuba-diving, water-skiing, windsurfing and kite-boarding are very popular.
The capital of Male is known for it's colorful buildings and beautiful mosques. The city has a lovely harbour and popular fish market.
Male serves as the heart of all commercial activities of the 26 atolls that comprise the nation.
Want to teach in Maldives?
We’ve got you covered! Discover our teaching jobs in Maldives and launch an exciting career as an international teacher. To apply for this role, fill out the below application form and an advisor will contact you with next steps.