Teach in China with the TEC Graduate Program
We are looking for talented teachers. Come work with us in Shanghai!
We are looking for graduates to teach in Shanghai with TEC
If you'd like to gain TEFL experience in China's showcase city, receive plenty of training and orientation, make new connections and also get to grips with Shanghai living, this is the program for you!
What to expect from teaching jobs in Shanghai
- 13,000 RMB（£1,500/ $1,900/ €1,700) - 15,000 RMB（£1,700/ $ 2,200/ € 2,000) monthly salary
- Free shared apartment or housing allowance throughout the year
- 6000 RMB flight ticket allowance upon completion of contract
- Legal working visa and residence permit provided
- All public holidays during the contract term with payment
- 1 week winter break and 1 week summer break per year
- Health insurance
- Start anytime
5 reasons teaching in Shanghai could be for you!
There are plenty of positions to choose from
Shanghai is truly a world city
There is a large expat community living in Shanghai
Chinese students value their English teachers
Shanghai has a world class metro system
Expand your TEFL horizons and teach in Shanghai!
- Your role will be to teach English to young Chinese learners, from 3 - 18 year olds (choose the level that suits you)
- Prep class
- Join school meetings or English education related curricular activities
- Feedback student progress to parents
- Be part of a team and gain experience of China's education system
- Contribute to school development
- Share your knowledge and have fun!
What is the work schedule for teaching jobs in Shanghai?
- Teach Mon - Fri (no weekends) 08h00 - 17h00
- 40 hours per week (max 25 teaching hours / 15 office hours)
- Around 15 - 20 students per class with 1 Chinese assistant
Be an English teacher in Shanghai with TEC
With more than nine years of experience in foreign teachers placement, SMCC is an expert in the management of foreign teachers, recruitment, teaching training, placement, providing educational internships in China, orientation in China, teaching in China, and home stay in China.
TEFL jobs in Shanghai come with lots of support including
- Airport pick up
- Assistance with Sim card registration
- Assistance with opening a Chinese bank account
- Help with accommodation
- Registration at Head Office
- Ongoing in country support
- Fluent English speakers
- Bachelor's degree
- TEFL certificate (can apply with TEFL pending)
- Criminal Background Check
- Excellent command of the English language, both written and spoken
- Friendly and active personality
- Willing to learn and experience a new culture
Ready for an adventure?
Simply fill out this form and we'll get straight back to you. If you have any questions you can always email us at [email protected]